.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Change of Season

With all the summer produce just bursting around here, what did I have a strong jones for yesterday afternoon and go to the store for milk for?

Scalloped potatoes, that's what.

Okay, I've been thinking about them to go with the last of the ham for a couple of days.

No real recipe - slice potatoes and soak in a mix of butter, milk, cheese, and cream of mushroom soup because that's how my momma made them - although I should have looked up the oven temp in JoC. I pulled them out after 45 min and they were not tender yet. So back in.

I had them for a late lunch (in my standard "weekend" style ... at 3 pm) and napped pretty hard afterwards.

(I have some green beans if the potatoes run out before the ham does.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home