.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 17, 2004

A Trip to the Ferry Marketplace

[Also posted in abbreviated form on my LJ]

Went with a friend today to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market and Market. Many wonderful things there, including some tasty eats (free samples and more) although there were too many people. That overcrowded feeling did hit a couple times, most notably in the Surly Table store. I relaxed some after we had a softshell crab sandwich (delicious) with a nice sit-down at the San Francisco Fish Co.

They have a "Veggie Valet" for produce bags, for visiting the market. I was lucky, lucky, lucky in that I got mine back after closing. I must write a thankyou letter; it would have been a shame to lose that tasty cheese I got, even if I had the berry turnover from Healdsburg's Downtown Bakery and Creamery (one of my mandatory stops on a visit wine-tasting in Sonoma).

I was pleased to note that non-food artisans seem to be setting up shop down there - the more this gets like Portland's utterly delightful Saturday Market, the better as far as I am concerned.

I'd like to go back to the Market some time when the FM is not going on to avoid some of the crowds.

Now I must stop playing with the computer (in the cool of the house; it got warm there, it was a beautiful day to be out by the water) and start my grill for tri-tip, and make gazpacho, which urge came over me at lunchtime (the fish place sold it, but I figured I would have it for dinner instead). Also considering making some bread salad as an accompaniment, but might try that (as a perfect barbeque side for IMBB 6).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home