.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 20, 2004

The first day of Spring means it's asparagus time!

As the swallows return to Capistrano, so do I post my recipe for roast asparagus at about this time. Heh. This time it was on the Ship's recipe thread.

Berkeley Bowl (that place is easier to deal with on a weeknight) had tips for $1.29/lb, so I got two big bunches. One is going to become asparagus enchiladas, and the other will become asparagus-pancetta soup that the amazingly energetic Deb made the other day. Sounds like as good a reason as any to use up the chicken backs in the freezer for stock.

I have also been on a roll-up sandwich kick since I got some lavash from Trader Joe's. I got sliced turkey breast at the B-Bowl deli last night and will be doing a "California Club" (turkey, guacamole, bacon, tomatoes). The roast beef with horseradish cream cheese and pickles was pretty good. I might make some hummus to go with the Middle Eastern chopped salad (today for sure, Rocky) and that might get in a roll too, especially since pre-roasted red bells called out my name at the olive bar.

The weather still continues warm so room temp food is fine by me.





<< Home