.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Makin' Muffins

I got one of those silicone muffin pans for Christmas. Good news - it works fine without papers. Bad news - unlike the other pan I have to wash it. I have learned that it has slightly less capacity than my other pan, which surprised me the first time I used it, but which will work out to my advantage. I have the Williams-Sonoma Muffins cookbook and am annoyed at the number of recipes that are for 10 (NOT 12) muffins. But one of those recipes works fine in the silicone pan.

Today's muffins - applesauce-raisin-walnut and cranberry-orange-walnut. The applesauce muffins are a little uninteresting fresh but moisten up nicely after being kept in the freezer. Might try pear-ginger-some sort of nut next week.

Should also make some minestrone for lunch. I did not cook last weekend since I was studying for my exam and ran out of lunch food last week. Annoying.

I sent one of the rec.food.cooking cookbooks to a pal of mine who lost his mom recently (and unexpectedly). He had mentioned previously that he likes community cookbooks and that was a doozy. He has been truly appreciative (and I think I missed one of the ones he tried, and will have to try it, heh).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home