.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

The truffles were a big hit

And made me very popular with the Russian Babes (tm) at Jeem's annual blowout. They survived the eight hours in transit quite well, too (I used a BIG ice pack).

Time to make some more for the anniversary party in two weeks. The lemon were especially praised.

I have been looking for "Ready Crust" shortbread pie crust to make the yummy pie Alli made me for my birthday. Cream cheese filling with almond extract and amaretto, sliced fruit on top glazed with apricot. Since the fruit included blackberries and raspberries, it was the PERFECT birthday concoction for me.

Raspberries down to $.89 at Berkeley Bowl. Oink Oink. Real Tomatoes are coming soon.

In other food news, Alli and I went to Penzey's in Naperville and bought lots of interesting things. Not too much damage, although I have to get jars to containerize the spices I brought in bags. One of the great things about the store is that you can sniff before you buy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home