.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Menu for Hope: Chocolate and Lemons!

Menu for Hope

The fabulous Pim has once again blown me away with her energy, enthusiasm, and her GREAT BIG HEART.

A Menu for Hope is a foodblogger event in support of Unicef's relief efforts for the Kashmir earthquake. "Donation fatigue" seems to have set in post the tsunami and American hurricanes, and many people are still in desperate need of our help. Some absolutely fabulous prizes are being raffled off - tea with Clotilde, a fab shopping trip at the Ferry Market courtesy of Sam and the generous merchants, and more. For a whopping $5 a ticket, you too can participate.

In the spirit of the event, I would like to offer the following item for raffle, in two versions (one, if you live near enough to Berkeley, California, to arrange delivery, the other if you don't).

For "local delivery" I would like to offer my homemade chocolate truffles and my mom's famous lemon curd, in quantities suitable for storage (or a great blowout party). Both treats freeze divinely if you want to keep it all to yourself.

For "mail order" I'll offer a selection of Scharffen Berger chocolates (made here in Berkeley!!) and (if you're in the US) hard-to-find-outside-of-Northern-California Meyer lemons so you can make your own lemon treats.

In either case I'll share my recipes, and if you're missing some of my favorite truffle-making or lemon-processing gizmos, I'll throw those in.

If you want this particular prize, please mention Love and Cooking on your donation form. Check Chez Pim for the full list and the full rules.

Donate early, donate often till December 23. Pim will announce the results on New Year's.

Comments:
Charlotte,

Thank you so much for your help. The campaign is enjoying such a spectacular success because everybody has been so ready to lend a hand. I am ever so grateful.

best,
Pim
 
Post a Comment



<< Home